Book/Encyclopedia — Chapters, Stories, etc.
Slippers, in Shadow and Light: a literary anthology on memory, 2011
In My Dog’s Eyes, in Nurturing Paws, Whispering Angel Books, 2011
Winter Apples, in Bottom Dog Press Poetry Anthology: Our Twenty-fifth Year, Bottom Dog Press, 2010.
The Finest View in Town, in Seattle Noir, edited by Curt Colbert, Akashic Books, 2009
A Love Supreme, in Tribute to Orpheus, edited byGary McKinney, Kearney Street Press, 2007 (story)
Google and Privacy, in Libraries and Google, edited by William Miller and Rita Pellen, Haworth Press, 2005
America Zen: A Gathering of Poets, ed. Ray McNiece & Larry Smith, Bottom Dog Press, 2004, 4 poems
Research on the Internet, in Encyclopedia of the Internet, John Wiley:New York, 2004
Web Hoaxes, Counterfeit Sites, and Other Spurious Information on the Internet, Web of Entanglement, Information Today,Medford,NJ, 2002.
Year-Round Schools: The Star of the Sea Model, Year-Round Education, IRI/Skylight,Arlington Heights,IL 1996
- Theme-based Information Literacy Instruction (co-authored with Sylvia Tag) College and Undergraduate Libraries, 18 (4) 2011
- Are You Having a Good News Week? Searcher, November, 201
- TED and Others Like Him: Computer Video for and From Exciting Minds, Searcher 18(9), November 2010.All (Almost) on the Internet: Freely Available Science Information Resources on the Web, Searcher 17(6), 22-32, June, 2009 (co-authored with Barry Brown)
- Easier than Ever, but Never Easy: Writing Resources on the Web, Searcher 17 (4), pp. 18-21, 50-54, Apr 2009
- Nets of Terror: Terrorist Activity on the Internet, accepted for publication in Searcher for the December 2008 issue.
- Phish Pharming: The New, More Profitable Aquaculture, Searcher, 15(9), September, 2007, pp 46-52.
- Letting the Grass Grow: Grassroots Information on Blogs and Wikis, Reference Services Review, 34(4), 2006 pp570-574. (with Miguel Ramos)
- A Failure to Communicate: Politics, Scams, and Information Flow During Hurricane Katrina, Searcher, 14(6), June 2006 pp 40-54. (with Miguel Ramos)
- Web Waves: Tsunami Blogs Respond to Disaster, Searcher, 13(5), May 2005 (with Miguel Ramos)
- Blogs of War: A Review of Alternative Sources for Iraq War Information, Searcher, 13(2), February 2005 (with Miguel Ramos)
- Google Spawn: The Culture Surrounding Google, Searcher, 12(6), June 2004
- The Influence of Business on Government, Searcher, 11(4) Apr 2003 (co-authored withHazel Cameron)
- Jason Webley: A Man with an Accordion, Habits of Waste, 6, Fall 2003
- Health and Humanitarian Information on the Web: Select Sites, Free for All, Internet Reference Services Quarterly, V. 5, #4, 2001, 15-24.
- Male Librarians: Men in a Feminized Profession (with Barbara Collamer) – The Journal of Academic Librarianship, v. 27, #5, 406-411.
- For Jorge Luis Borges, Paradise Was not a Garden but a Library – American Libraries, August 2001, v.32, #7.
- Better Read that Again: Misinformation on the Web, Searcher, Volume 8, Number 8, September, 2000.
- Disaster and Humanitarian Information on the Web: a Review, Searcher , Volume 7, Number 9, October 1999.
- Constructing a Disaster Medicine Web Site, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine vol 12 (12) April-June 1997
- Assessment in the Pacific: The Yap Assessment Model, Educational Innovations in the Pacific, PRELHonolulu,Hawaii, May 1995.